Monday 12 July 2010

akindofguise's live what you love

Yesterday I excitedly declared my love for my new backpack but today I'd like to tell you a little more about its creators. While in Berlin for Bread&Butter, Susie unearthed a gem of a new label in akindofguise. Last week the sophomore offering was presented by Danish label woodwood at their Berlin store and Susie was well placed and eager to take advantage. Live what you love is the mantra of the second collection from the Munich based menswear label but it might as well be live in what you love. The craftsmanship, fit, materials and palette combine to form a tightly edited collection of garments that I would love to see hanging in my wardrobe...







You might have noticed my penchant for a palette dominated by blue on the pages of this blog and it appears that the creative minds behind akindofguise share my preference. The Munich based designers have even adapted an ancient marital rhyme to reflect their spectrum choices...

dress in white: you’ve chosen right.
dress in blue: love will be true.

Even if you've fallen out of love with blue these are well designed, well made wardrobe staples that would happily sit in my wardrobe. As mentioned in the previous post, each item are either are strictly limited edition or one of a kind. To make them even more special, each piece is hand crafted using the finest, premium materials. To help promote the sophomore collection, akindofguise have created a stop motion video that helps bring the collection to life...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like all of this rather a lot. Especially the jacket in the top image.

Like you I'm also a fan of blue (maybe a bit too much if I'm honest). I'm looking forward to seeing more of this!

crystalbeard said...

I absolutely concur on your point of the palette. Blue, white, off-white and shades of tan all go together so well, in a beautifully nautical sort of way. Even when there's no nautical influence, they're such calm, smooth colours and just work so perfectly together.

亲爱的缄默症 said...

I like the the jacket in the top image, 2222, it's really cute and awesome!

beautifulamulet said...

I really wish my boyfriend dressed like this! That backpack is awesome and I love the shorts with the rope belt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails