Saturday 27 February 2010

LFW: Morgan Allen-Oliver AW10

Throughout the menswear day schedule, the eclectic bunch of designers came together beautifully to showcase how diverse menswear can really be. For me, nothing represents the diversity of menswear more than Fashion East's Menswear installations and the latest crop did not disappoint. One of the real highlights of the day was walking around the East Wing of Somerset House uncovering the beautiful alongside the weird and wonderful made me feel just like that chubby little kid I used to be in a sweet shop once again. I excitedly dashed from room to room, leaving a trail of saliva as I went. From Lou Dalton's Jacobite rebellion inspired collection to Mr. Hare's heels to Sibling's hammer horror laboratory to Matthew Miller's smile inducing tailoring, I loved it all! We will continue to look back on some of our favourites but for now, I'd like to mention Morgan Allen-Oliver's wonderfully stylish yet cosy knits...

Morgan Allen-Oliver is a men’s knitwear designer who graduated with an MA from Central Saint Martins in 2009. Since then he has continually produced knitwear for Christopher Shannon, Michael van der Ham, Natascha Stolle and Hannah Taylor. However, if it were not for Fashion156 I could have easily have missed out on seeing his AW10 collection and what a crying shame that would have been. One of Morgan's knits was featured in Fashion156's LFW Preview editorial and I was desperate to see it in person ever since.

The preview look from Fashion156.

Morgan's AW10 collection sees a continuation of the graphic style that defined his MA but sees him experiment with new knit patterns, shapes and silhouettes. The primary aim is one that the recent graduate holds close to his heart and something we all can relate to; the pursuit of stylish cosiness. The collection is equally irresistible to both the eye and touch. It is a feast for the senses made entirely from felted lambs wools and I have to confess that I found it extremely difficult to prise my hands from the soft allure of his creations. I could certainly be both stylish and cosy in this sweater, just look at the below close up...

A close up on my favourite knit.

Alongside blog favourite Sibling and newcomers AMS, the options for graphic knits made here in Britain has never been so good.

1 comment:

Miguel E. Acosta said...

Hi!

My gosh these sweaters are awesome. Now I'm dying for one. Hey I'm loving your blog its super duper cool. So much info! lol

check out my blog!
fashionforwarddude.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails