Saturday 9 January 2010

Looking forward to Spring thanks to Lemaire


Oh my, it is damn cold today. I ventured outside for the briefest of strolls and my face almost froze giving me a permanent grimace which would scare off even the bravest of children. Given that it is so grim outside, I am daydreaming of warmer days and right on time, I bumped in to Christophe Lemaire's SS10 look book over on The Fashionisto. Back in August I declared that Lemaire's AW09 collection was one of my favourites. The relaxed volume and rich natural textures demonstrated a wonderful blend of western and eastern references and thankfully this theme has continued through in to his minimalist vision for next season. With each season, Lemaire creates a contemporary and essential wardrobe by putting together the clean and calm lines of western wardrobe and traditional eastern garments.

I loved how his Aw09 collection appeared extremely comfortable and fluid. How could you not want to wrap up in cotton fleece, judo fabrics, silk, linen and woolen tweed? Now, his interest for functional clothes, workwear and uniforms inspires an altogether lighter offering but equally as lust worthy. I love how the collection interchanges fitted and relaxed tailoring using a somewhat serene colour palette, with soft blues mixed with delicate beiges and whites. The images make me think of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead, I'm not certain why but this could be explained by the sleekly minimal yet practical workwear.

Next time I'm in Paris (sometime soon) I definitely plan on stopping by his boutique on Rue de Poitou. In the meantime, I am just going to have to experiment with this colour palette using COS' SS10 line...

6 comments:

style.dk said...

Can`t wait until sandal time..

Chin said...

Designers seem to have been playing with the idea of 'funtion' with both fitted and relaxed tailoring in serene colors. The collection also reminds me of the 3.1 Phillip Lim men's 2010 s/s, good time for some practical garments!

Make it Easy said...

in the last pic, i love that jacket on the left!

Make Do Style said...

Very gorgeous and beautifully presented.

Duck said...

I need to get me to COS

Duck
x
http://anastasia-duck.blogspot.com

iiro k said...

Love the relaxed look, perfect for summer!

IIRO WHO?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails