Thursday 6 August 2009

Picture Postcard: The Fantastic Mr Steve

Now, I've always been a little jealous (and sometimes a little weirded out) by the number of talented illustrators who take inspiration from Susie's style outfits. Seeing my girlfriend as a piece of art always provokes a mixture of odd feelings but I have to confess that there has always been a part of me which longed to be captured in a similar way. I never thought it would ever happen though! So, imagine my surprise when I visited our latest blogger follower, one talented Lauren Gentry. Lauren is an Illustration student currently studying at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art in Dundee and has an extremely pretty blog which showcases her artwork. As I trawled through her work I recognised my Unconditional wrap trousers and then I noticed the Yokoo cowl... it was me... well, a variation of me... where my pudgy cheeked face had thankfully been replaced by the head of a fantastic fox. In fact, from now on I'd like to be referred to as the Fantastic Mr Steve or at the very least would like to see Wes Anderson accessorise his interpretation of the Roald Dahl classic with Yokoo knits. I have to thank Lauren for making my week, I am going to sleep now with a huge smile on my face.
Love this. I'm crazy jealous now! May have to see if she'll do me a print to add to the collection. She's even got your slouch right!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Unknown said...

really love this steve! think it needs to stay on your blog at the top for a while!

hope all is well. Guy

Zoe said...

did you hear about how wes anderson made fantastic mr fox wear the exact same clothes he does? and then at meetings with producers etc they wondered why he was dressed as his character. hahahhaha

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

Foxy!

Giancinephile said...

It surely is nice to be represented in such light! Cheers to that!

Topman Blog said...

Nice post by the fantastic Mr Steve! Great illustration, love the work on her site - have you seen the stitching?? Amazing.

Lew / Topman Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails