Wednesday 5 August 2009

My eyes lie

I am under constant threat of Susie raiding my wardrobe in the morning and supplementing her outfit with one or a number of my items. It is extremely rare that I get the chance of some pay back but last week I discovered a new, cotton grey jersey sweatshirt and I have to confess that I’ve stolen it for myself. The black hole top is a recent find from Your Eyes Lie, a London-based artist collective whose identity is anchored in their use of bold statements and graphics on the classic white tee. The sweatshirt comes in the softest grey jersey and it is really hard not to spend the day stroking myself in some demonstration of childish abandon...

Outfit rundown: Sweat shirt from Your Eyes Lie, Unconditional drop crotch trousers, hi tops by Lanvin, glasses by Bruno Chaussignand. The jacket in the top pic is from APC.

Regular readers will know that I rarely post outfit shots anymore. The reasons being... firstly because there are better blogs doing more interesting things than I in the style stakes on a consistent basis (The Cablog, The Dandy Project and Tales of Frederic instantly spring to mind)... secondly, we've always wanted the blog to be more of a discussion and lastly...I just can't pose! The last reason is the all conquering one. If I could pose, the blog would be littered with entries of me in various shots. Fortunately for you, I really dislike posing in front of the camera... I just feel silly. In the best shots I look annoyed and grumpy, precisely because I am annoyed and grumpy as the shots never turn out how I want them to. I do however like the two shots here because it looks as though the black hole design is sucking my body in to it (starting from the head). Since seeing me wearing her top, Susie has offered it as a gift…an act of kindness which worries me slightly…what has she got her eyes on of mine that she wants to accumulate for her own sartorial endeavours…I will have to sleep with one eye open from now on...

5 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

first off, i feel that same about posing, thats why you never seen outfit posts on Buckets. but what an outfit though, really suits you, and oh i want those trousers.

the jumper looks really soft and comfy. reminds me of the "long clothing" tshirts on coggles.com

Michael said...

Oh you should still post the odd outfit shot if you get chance - it is always interesting to see what you're wearing yourself and how you put things together.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Mat: Thanks Mat! I'd love to see a few more outfit shots on Buckets...I'm game if you are!
Michael: I will try because it would be interesting to look back on. I used to keep a style diary over on w_r but I've been criminally bad at keeping up with it. As it used to read on my school reports "must try harder"!

Giancinephile said...

Wait is Your Eyes Lie something like the House of Blue Eyes?

Unknown said...

Gah, if my outfit posts looked half as good personal style shots would be the order of the day...every day.

Love the APC blazer, goes swell with the Lanvin hi-tops.

/Male-Mode.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails