Friday 14 November 2008

Topman reveals my insanity

Dearest EJ

Sorry I've been quiet this week but I've been feeling a little under the weather.

I tagged along to the Spring Summer 2009 Arcadia Collections and it was nice to catch a glimpse into the world of next season. Even though I love this time of year a part of me cries out for the sunshine. It feels like a lifetime ago when I saw the MAN show in a Car Park in Soho and to be honest with you I couldn't recall the Topman Design collection aside from the neon outfits complete with matching backpacks. After seeing the garments up close this week I came away wanting a number of items but the highlight for me was...

...a navy soft leather, zip up shirt. It takes a lot to type these words but my brain is screaming out, why, what and why agin and again. I like a zip up, leather shirt. Either my tastes are changing or I have been taking crazy pills. Other highlights include Topman's version of the classic desert boot and those colourful backpacks.

Steve

Hola!

I think you've been taking the crazy pills. Short sleeved and leather? So the tops of your arms can be terribly sweaty while your forearms stay cool? Perhaps it looks nicer in person, but in that picture... no. The colourful backpacks are alright, especially the blue one, so long as they're not going to try charging 80 quid for them. The desert boots just aren't as nice as the Clarks ones. If they're significantly cheaper they might be an acceptable substitute, but they're just not cutting it for me at the moment.

Wow, this is a very disagreeable saturday morning for me so far!

EJ

3 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

i remember about 4 seasons ago topman design did tartan/check green and yellow backpacks, my gf hollie actually wanted one but there was in the £80 ballpark. this is TOO much! i prefer the clarks desert boots too, though these ones look the same as the ones kurt geiger did last season.

Jaiden Jeremy James said...

yeah i agree it does feel so long ago since the MAN show and the most memorable outfits where the day glo knitted tracksuits which depending on the price i may indulge in one or two but i do love the zip up shirt like creation u posted

fuchsiaboy said...

the backpacks look like some atari octopus. i wonder if they reach topman manila?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails