Thursday 3 July 2008

Picture Postcard - Stockholm Streetstyle

I am always on the look out for interesting street style sites and have been impressed by the combinations and choice of subjects over on Stockholm Street Style recently... it might just have something to do with some girl I know being featured. Stockhom StreetS tyle offer some great men's street style as well, just look at this chap below...
Robin was recently featured looking very much like he stumbled of a slightly more causual Lanvin runway... but pretty much wearing a Stockholm uniform with a twist - "I have a shirt from acne, coat from Whyred, shoes from acne, trousers from Whyred, and a cap from Propp." For me the look has been transformed by the flower and it reminded me of EJ's Valentines Day suggestion. It is such an easy accessory and one most of us (me included) just don't do enough. I challenge you all to take a flower from your garden (if you don't have one try one of your neighbours - beware of dogs) or even from your Mum's vase at home and pin the finest bloom you can find to your lapel. Let us know how you get on! I will upload my shots on Monday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stockholm Street Style is just one of those street style blogs I truly adore.

I often see a sense of easy cool/ casual cool kind of aesthetic with the ones featured in that site and I just can't get enough of that.

TheSundayBest said...

But it's always so sad when they die. (Flowers, not the people.)

Style Salvage Steve said...

I would say that it is sad when both flowers and people die...but flowers tend to smell more pleasant! Why not experiment with pressed flowers for a different look?

j said...

So is on the lapel the only place? What about on the shoe or hat...or would this too be seen as a threat to or manhood?

Anonymous said...

I tried this flower thing but I opted for artificial silk flowers as I don't want to bother with the wilting part...

we could grow up 2gether said...

like a poet

Anonymous said...

Flower on hat is nice

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails