Sunday 9 March 2008

Picture Postcard: Suffering from double vision is a treat times two!


I hadn't noticed this myself (it was pointed out to me by the lovely EJ) but both the sartorialist and facehunter took identical shots of the above gentleman. I think this is the first instance of this phenomena and I doubt there will be too many but I certainly enjoyed it. I would not tire of seeing this quintessentially attired Springwear. I had infact commented on the sartorialist as soon as I laid eyes on it. Looking at the comments opinion was pretty divided by it; it really seems like this outfit has the marmite effect, well I am quite partial to a thin layer of Marmite spread on generously buttered toast and I am a fan of the above get up as well.

Regardless of the dubious points of this outfit one has to applaud the colour palette and the textures surely? The coat is cut extremely well and I enjoy the juxtaposition of the tailored top half against the slightly awkward and chunky bottom half, with the short trousers and the boots. I love the mix of the checked trousers below the argyle pattern of the jumper. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the boots (as in they are not something I would ever be drawn to whilst shopping) but they work within this outfit. Yes, those glasses seem to be adorning the vast majority of noses right now but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. All in all these two shots have caused a little stir (obtaining exactly 100 comments on the sartorialist) but what do you think? Do you like his hair, the glasses, the everything...or have I just turned mad from all of my marmite consumption?

I like everything... separately. Together it's just too much of a muchness. I wish he'd bloody well cheer up too! (On a different note, the sart's version is a better compostition. When I first saw Yvan's version I commented to the boyf that this chap should be a bit more the right...)

9 comments:

j said...

Top half is very nice. Bottom half is dorky. I think we are dealing with a schitso here.

Style Salvage Steve said...

I know I should think the same...I would never leave the house in any of the bottom half of this outfit (or even wear it to the do the gardening)...but for some reason I like it here!

Monika said...

This blog is awesomeness!

discotheque confusion said...

how funny!
probably the only case where somebody grew sick of being style snapped.
scotts is the better of course.
you'd think this would happen more often, though.

Thomas said...

The Sartorialist cropped his photo to show the detail of the patterns - he was a little surprised by how many people basically just dismissed the look.

I believe part of the difference in the photos can be chalked up to the difference between a Canon G9 and a Canon 5D.

Style Salvage Steve said...

Chililady - Thanks! We try and we promise to make more of an effort on the posting side. We have been extremely good over the last week or so posting every day!
Discothequechic - You would think it would happen more often but Mr Schuman has in my opionion more varied (and also better) tastes than facehunter!
Thomas - You are so knowledgeable!

we could grow up 2gether said...

round glasses -- my latest obsession

we could grow up 2gether said...

round glasses -- my latest obsession

Style Salvage Steve said...

Round glasses are everywhere in varying styles and I'm a fan. I prefer the ones shown here as opposed to the Hockney-esque ones that are proving popular - I say leave these to the editorials as per Another Man starring Gary Card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails