Tuesday 8 January 2008

Shaded View

Well, following my last past it is obvious that I'm thinking about travel and travel ultimately requires sunglasses (in the vast majority of cases). I never spend significant amounts of money of sunglasses as I don't trust myself with them (the probability of loss or destruction has always been stacked against me) but what was on show during the spring summer 08 collections has made me readdress my calculations...I am far from skilled at maths so my calculations are always wrong....Style Bubble highlighted Linda Farrow Vintage who is seemingly collaborating with everyone in sight (pardon the pun), including two of my current favourite designers Dries Van Noten and Raf Simons.





Raf Simons and Linda Farrow Vintage Collection - Image stolen from stylebubble

I particularly like the Raf Simons pieces (although not the green framed ones in front here) because they are a lightyears away from the Bob Dylan-esque wayfarers that everyone seemed to be wearing last summer (when the sun actually shone in London...which I think was on a Tuesday near the end of May).

Oh I'm looking forward to the rest of the month...I will be very active during the next couple of weeks discussing Paris and Milan as much as possible, pointing out EJ's family on the runways along the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

We had these on a shoot the other day. Really amazing- solid, heavy frames. Sadly I looked like the human-fish thing out of 'Hellboy' wearing them- thwarted again.

But lovely, like everything Raf, to just stare at. Ahh!

Sainsbury

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails